On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Sergej Galkin <sergej.gal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can not understand why DB is restarting ? It is restarting when SQL begins
> use index :(((
> Can anybody help me , I would by appretiate every people who downloads my
> sources, try to deploy index and maybe solve where is the problem.

Your code is probably crashing.  Before trying to use the index, run
"select pg_backend_pid()" in the backend that you're going to try to
use it from.  Then use "gdb -p <pid>" to attach gdb to the backend.
Type "c" for continue.  Now run the query that crashes it.  gdb will
trap the signal and you can use "bt" to get a backtrace.

I don't think it would be appropriate for us to help you debug your
class project, but learning to use gdb should help you a lot.

Also see:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

...Robert