Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
Jim Nasby wrote:
Why does warn; in plperl log as NOTICE in Postgres?

Where would you like the warning to go? This has been this way for nearly 5 years, it's not new (and before that the warning didn't go anywhere).

I think he's suggesting that it ought to translate as elog(WARNING)
not elog(NOTICE).

*shrug* I don't have a strong opinion about it, and it's pretty easy to change, if there's a consensus we should. I have certainly found over the years that perl warnings from some modules can be annoyingly verbose, which is probably why the original patch didn't make them have a higher level in Postgres. If this were a big issue we'd have surely heard about it before now - there are plenty of plperl users out there.

cheers

andrew