On Jan 27, 2010, at 5:23 AM, Martin Atukunda wrote:

How about using the psql prompt to convey this information? IIRC the psql prompt can be configured to show the hostname, server, port and other fields. Wouldn't this be enough? or am I missing something?

Prompt customization is certainly something that could be done (and I use in my .psqlrc), but consider someone unaware of the psql prompt customization or people who are not using their own setup/account, etc. This is a command that could be useful for anyone; as experts, we tend to miss some of the holes in the current interfaces.

Regards,

David
--
David Christensen