]] Magnus Hagander

| Seems reasonable to add this. Are there any scenarios where this can
| cause trouble, that would be fixed by having the ability to select
| non-standard behavior?

Well, it might be unwanted if you're on a pay-per-bit connection such as
3G, but in this case, it just makes the problem a bit worse than the
server keepalive already makes it – it doesn't introduce a new problem.

| I don't recall ever changing away from the standard behavior in any of
| my deployments, but that might be platform dependent?

If you were (ab)using postgres as an IPC mechanism, I could see it being
useful, but not in the normal case.

| If not, I think this is small and trivial enough not to have to push
| back for 9.1 ;)

\o/

--
Tollef Fog Heen