On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:10 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
>> OK, here's another idea.  Let's just add a new column to pg_amop
>> called amoporderstrategy.  If an operator can only be used for one
>> purpose or the other, we'll set the other value to -1.
>
> ... problem for unique index, no?

Dang.  What a pain in the tail.  I guess we could make that column
nullable, but that's got it's own fair share of problems.

Is the only reasonable way to solve this problem a new catalog?
That's not tremendously scalable, but it's starting to feel like the
only way of solving this problem that doesn't involve massive surgery.

...Robert