Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> AFAIR Peter is the only one who has complained about the script
> being longer, and I'm really not sure why that's a big deal.

I'll take that under advisement for later.  I'm not inclined to
think there's anything here worth trying to squeeze into 9.0, and
I'm assuming that isn't what you were suggesting, either.

Personally, though, I don't understand his concern about length per
se, but recognize that some of the improvements could have value
outside of Linux environments; which makes a case for putting what
we can into pg_ctl.  That the script becomes shorter and easier to
read and understand may have some limited value, but I see that as
secondary.

-Kevin