2010/4/5 Giles Lean <giles.l...@pobox.com>:

> Josh Berkus <j...@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>
>> Could this be an issue with VirtualBox?  Have you used this VM for
>> testing before?
>
> I'm not sure that this helps much as it doesn't rule out
> VirtualBox, but my experience with it running Linux has
> been positive.  I do reboot the host at the first hint of
> trouble and that fixes many ills; VirtualBox is not what
> I would consider production ready, but it's competitive
> and I switched to it from Parallels which I'd paid for.

Just note, I rebooted the guest VM today and retried but things are as
before. The host reboot doesn't affect either.

I also tried another CentOS5.4 VM on the same VirtualBox and succeeded
to build. Another RHEL Server 5.2 (Tikanga) x86_64 real machine can
also build alpha5. Seems quite hopeless but it's surely reproducible.

Regards,

--
Hitoshi Harada