Tom Lane wrote:
Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mié may 12 14:07:13 -0400 2010:
We could try to make this a supported build arrangement, but I'm
inclined to think that a cleaner solution is to split out the loadable
module as a separate contrib subdirectory.  Thoughts?

Do you mean contrib/pg_upgrade/somelib?  If so, +1.

Hmm.  I had been thinking the other way, but I'll see if that can be
made to work.

Not sure this will work on its own with the MSVC build system - I don't think it's set up for sub-modules. But we can finessee that if necessary, just as we make special provision for pgcrypto.

cheers

andrew