Jaime Casanova <ja...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> i migrate a ms sql server database to postgres and was trying some
> queries from the application to find if everything works right...
> when i was looking to those queries i found some that has a notation
> for nvarchar (ej: campo = N'sometext')

Do you have documentation for N'...' literal in SQLServer?
Does it mean unicode literal? What is the difference from U& literal?
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/sql-syntax-lexical.html

PostgreSQL doesn't have nvarchar types (UTF16 in MSSQL), and only
have mutlti-tyte characters. So I think you can remove N and just
use "SET client_encoding = UTF8" in the cases.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center