On 27/05/10 03:25, Florian Pflug wrote:
On May 27, 2010, at 0:58 , Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
On 26/05/10 02:00, Sam Vilain wrote:
Florian Pflug wrote:
On May 25, 2010, at 12:18 , Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
Releasing the newer savepoint will cause the older one to again become
accessible, as the doc says, but rolling back to a savepoint does not
implicitly release it. You'll have to use RELEASE SAVEPOINT for that.

Ah, now I get it. Thanks.

Would changing "Releasing the newer savepoint will cause ... " to "Explicitly releasing the
newer savepoint" or maybe even "Explicitly releasing the newer savepoint with RELEASE SAVEPOINT
will cause ..." make things clearer?

Yes, probably - your misreading matches my misreading of it :-)

+1.

Patch that changes the wording to "Explicitly releasing the newer savepoint with
RELEASE SAVEPOINT will cause ..." is attached.

Thanks, committed. I left out the "Explicitly", though, because as Sam pointed out the newer savepoint can also be implicitly released by rolling back to an earlier savepoint.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas