Quoting Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net>:

On fre, 2010-07-02 at 14:07 +0100, Mike Fowler wrote:
So if IS CONTENT were
to be implemented, to determine that you have something that is
malformed

But that's not what IS CONTENT does.  "Content" still needs to be
well-formed.

What I was hoping to achieve was to determine that something wasn't a document and wasn't content, however as you pointed out on the bugs thread the value must be XML. My mistake was not checking that I had followed the definitions all the way back to the root. What I will do instead is implement the xml_is_well_formed function and get a patch out in the next day or two.

Thank you Robert and Peter for tolerating my stumbles through the standard.

Regards,

--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787