On 7/23/2010 8:52 PM, David Fetter wrote:
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 08:43:35PM +0300, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:
Did I misunderstand the code?  And if I didn't, why do we do this
differently?

You mentioned in IRC that this was in aid of getting wCTEs going.  How
are these things connected?

Currently, I'm trying to make wCTEs behave a bit like RULEs do. But if every rewrite product takes a new snapshot, wCTEs will behave very unpredictably.

But because EXPLAIN ANALYZE does *not* take a new snapshot for every rewrite product, I'm starting to think that maybe this isn't the behaviour we wanted to begin with?

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja