On Wed, September 15, 2010 11:58, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 6:38 AM, David Fetter <da...@fetter.org> wrote:
>> Now that the latch patch is in, when do you think you'll be able to use it
>> instead of the poll loop?
>
> Here is the updated version, which uses a latch in communication from
> walsender to backend. I've not changed the others. Because walsender
> already uses it in HEAD, and Heikki already proposed the patch which
> replaced the poll loop between walreceiver and startup process with
> a latch.

( synchrep_0915-2.patch; patch applies cleanly;
compile, check and install are without problem)

How does one enable synchronous replication with this patch?
With previous versions I could do (in standby's recovery.conf):

replication_mode = 'recv'

but not anymore, apparently.

(sorry, I have probably overlooked part of the discussion;
-hackers is getting too high-volume for me... )

thanks,

Erik Rijkers