On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:

> Yeah, it's complaining about not finding bison, but configure managed to
> find bison just fine. Are you sure the right make was installed? It looks
> suspicious because it's not talking about msys virtual maths like the old
> make did. It needs to be make-3.81-3-msys-1.0.13
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MSYS/make/make-3.81-3/make-3.81-3-msys-1.0.13-bin.tar.lzma/download>
> You'll need another couple of libraries as well (libiconv and libintl) if
> they are not already installed. Making this change took me a while to get
> right on dawn_bat.

I installed the latest make from gnu.org (which I've now uninstalled).
The Msys installation on this box is old, and doesn't support the lzma
packages used by the latest releases - and from what I can tell, it
would take a major upgrade of the installation to get that support.
I'm not sure thats a path I want to go down, as I have no idea how
much will break if I do that, and I don't exactly have much in the way
of spare time to fix it if that happens.

I'm currently leaning towards removing the 9.1 build from the machine;
on a purely selfish note, I have no interest in mingw/msys builds
anymore anyway. However, I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows a
relatively safe way to resolve this.

/D