That it's not ready for commit this minute does not mean that it
shouldn't be in the CF this month.  Delaying the first review of the
patch until the next CF pretty much ensures that we'll miss 9.1 with
it, so please add to the current CF :)

Cheers,
David.
On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 02:15:40PM -0600, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Circumstances have conspired to leave me with very little time to
> work on the SSI patch during the last few weeks.  I'm still convinced
> that the work mentioned in this post is necessary to have a
> commit-quality patch:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-10/msg01754.php
>
> I also think it's going to be very desirable to convert the conflict
> pointers used in the papers (and in the patch so far) to lists, to
> eliminate one source of false positives and allow more aggressive
> clean-up of transactions.  I we implement the logic from the above
> post and *then* convert the pointers to lists, it seems like more
> work than implementing the lists first.  Therefore, I'm planning on
> doing the lists first.
>
> Anyone who thinks that's a bad idea, please speak up soon, as I'm
> starting coding on that today.
>
> There's no way there will be a patch implementing this in time for
> the 2010-11 CF.  A couple months ago there were a couple people who
> said they'd be willing to look at this between CFs, so I'm hoping
> that their schedules still permit them to do that after this
> unfortunate delay.
>
> -Kevin
>

> --

David Fetter <da...@fetter.org> http://fetter.org/