On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Noah Misch <n...@leadboat.com> wrote:
> Even supposing we push off all scan-only cases to another patch, it would be
> good to have the tablecmds.c-internal representation of that in mind.  No
> sense
> in simplifying a 12-line change to an 8-line change, only to redo it next
> patch.

Incidentally, I don't really agree with this, as a philosophical
point.  There can be a lot of point to simplifying things, even if it
means redoing a little work, if it makes them easier to understand,
both for the people reviewing at the time and for the benefit of
people reading the commit log in the future.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company