Matthew Draper <matt...@trebex.net> writes:
> Attached is a WIP patch that allows SQL-language functions to reference
> their parameters by name.

> It uses p_post_columnref_hook, so potentially ambiguous references
> prefer the column... that seems to make the most sense, both because it
> avoids a backwards incompatibility, and it conforms with SQL's usual
> notion of assuming you mean the "nearest" name.

Personally I'd vote for *not* having any such dangerous semantics as
that.  We should have learned better by now from plpgsql experience.
I think the best idea is to throw error for ambiguous references,
period.  That means you do need ways to disambiguate in both directions.
For column references you can just qualify with the table name/alias.
If the parameter reference is intended, allow qualification with the
function name.