On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Add traceback information to PL/Python errors
>
> This mimics the traceback information the Python interpreter prints
> with exceptions.
>
> Jan Urbański

On my system this spits out a warning:

plpython.c: In function ‘PLy_traceback’:
plpython.c:4487: warning: ‘s’ may be used uninitialized in this function
plpython.c:4487: note: ‘s’ was declared here

That appears to be a live bug, unless it's guaranteed that lineno will
always be > 0.

Also, the loop test should really be written as current < lineno,
rather than current != lineno, just in case we should manage to pass a
lineno < 0, which with the current code would go into the tank and
spin.

This part looks pretty sketchy, too:

    while (s && isspace((unsigned char) *s))
        s++;

Perhaps we meant to test *s here.  It's hard to believe that we're
really intending to test whether the pointer has fallen off the end of
the address space and wrapped around to NULL.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company