On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Bruce Momjian <br...@momjian.us> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
>> > ... Maybe someone out there is under the impression
>> > that I get high off of rejecting patches; but the statistics you cite
>> > from the CF app don't exactly support the contention that I'm going
>> > around looking for reasons to reject things, or if I am, I'm doing a
>> > pretty terrible job finding them.
>>
>> Hm ... there are people out there who think *I* get high off rejecting
>> patches.  I have a t-shirt to prove it.  But I seem to be pretty
>> ineffective at it too, judging from these numbers.
>
> Late reply, but almost all the things Tom rejects I would have rejected
> too.

Well, I think I've been guilty more than once of leaning on Tom to try
to get him to accept patches that he might've been inclined to reject.
 I think that my standards for code quality are similar to Tom's
(though sometimes I let through things he would have caught, woops)
but I think I am more inclined to commit feature changes that he might
not find entirely worthwhile.  Like Tom, I'm reasonably wary of random
knickknacks that are extremely special-purpose or will slow down
common cases, but on the average I think I'm slightly more
new-feature-positive than he is.  Not without some exceptions, of
course.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company