But somehow the execevalvar is being called. When i changed the logic of its
working to use slot_getattr instead of cute_datum_array for the first run /
call, everything just worked!

This would indicate surely that the function does get called at least once
before being called by executor for qual check. This is what got me confused
- where does the function get called? Gdb trace says its first call comes
through ExecutePlan but results say something else. Moreover, gdb still
confuses me. Is there some gui to gdb? :(

The only thing i am trying to make sure that ExecEvalVar gets the values
from cute_datum_array only when called durin a scan, no way before it. May
be there could be another way. I think i have to rethink about this.
--
Sent from my Android