Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> We're down to three patches that fall into this category: two XML
> patches by Florian, which have been somewhat derailed by an argument
> about whether values of type xml should, in fact, be required to be
> valid xml (I think you know my vote on this one...);

Yeah, it's not clear to me either which of those are still reasonable
candidates for committing as-is.

> and an
> error-reporting patch that Tom weighed in on over the weekend.  This
> last suffers from the issue that it's not quite clear whether Tom is
> going to do the work or whether he's expecting the submitter to do it.

If you mean the business about allowing GUCs in postgresql.conf to be
applied even if there are semantic errors elsewhere, I'm just as happy
to let Alexey or Florian have a go at it first, if they want.  The real
question at the moment is do we have consensus about changing that?
Because if we do, the submitted patch is certainly not something to
commit as-is, and should be marked Returned With Feedback.