On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> and an
>> error-reporting patch that Tom weighed in on over the weekend.  This
>> last suffers from the issue that it's not quite clear whether Tom is
>> going to do the work or whether he's expecting the submitter to do it.
>
> If you mean the business about allowing GUCs in postgresql.conf to be
> applied even if there are semantic errors elsewhere, I'm just as happy
> to let Alexey or Florian have a go at it first, if they want.  The real
> question at the moment is do we have consensus about changing that?
> Because if we do, the submitted patch is certainly not something to
> commit as-is, and should be marked Returned With Feedback.

I'm not totally convinced.  The proposed patch is pretty small, and
seems to stand on its own two feet.  I don't hear anyone objecting to
your proposed plan, but OTOH it doesn't strike me as such a good plan
that we should reject all other improvements in the meantime.  Maybe
I'm missing something...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company