Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:

> >> When else would you have us develop?
> >
> > In my eyes that sort of activity *is* development. ?I find the
> > distinction you are drawing entirely artificial, and more calculated to
> > make sure refactoring never happens than to add any safety. ?Any
> > significant development change carries a risk of breakage.
>
> You clearly have the bit between your teeth on this.

So I guess Tom, Robert Haas, and I all have bits then.

> That doesn't make it worthwhile or sensible though.

We are not saying do it now.  We are disputing your suggestion that now
is not a good time --- there is a difference.

> I've offered to do it slowly and carefully over time, but that seems
> not enough for some reason. What is the real reason for this?

Oh, if we told you, then, well, you would know, and the big secret would
be out.  (Hint:  when three people are telling you the same thing, odds
are there is not some secret motive.)

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us