Hi,
I faced similar issue as discussed in
"http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Fwd-DBD-Pg-on-HP-UX-11-31-64bit-td3305163.html";.
        (man xopen_networking -
http://docstore.mik.ua/manuals/hp-ux/en/B2355-60130/xopen_networking.7.html)
...     There are two ways to obtain X/Open Sockets functionality:
  * Method A is in compliance with X/Open compilation specification.      *
Method B slightly deviates from X/Open compilation specification. However,
Method B allows a program to include both objects compiled to X/Open Sockets
specification and objects compiled to BSD Sockets   specification.  ...
PostgreSQL support X/Open Sockets. Apache web server (2.2.15,
/opt/hpws22/apache) and Perl (5.8.8, /opt/perl_64) are BSD Socket applications
that are default with the OS. I tried Method B (It provides wrapper _xpg_
socket functions that allows using X/Open socket objects and BSD socket objects
in the same binary) to build PostgreSQL 9.1 code, I LD_PRELOAD the generated
libpq binary, without any other change both perl and apache work fine with
postgresql now,and it is easy to implement too. We just need to build the
source code with "-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -D_HPUX_ALT_XOPEN_SOCKET_API" and link
binary with libc. PFA patch. Thanks.
Best Regards,Muhammad Asif Naeem