On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 19:22 +0200, Florian Pflug wrote:
> I still think we should strive for consistency here, so let's also make
> '[]' the default flags for the range constructors.

For continuous ranges I don't think that's a good idea. Closed-open is a
very widely-accepted convention and there are good reasons for it -- for
instance, it's good for specifying contiguous-but-non-overlapping
ranges.

So, I think we either need to standardize on '[)' or allow different
default_flags for different types. Or, always specify the inclusivity in
the constructor (hopefully in a convenient way).

Regards,
        Jeff Davis