On 10/11/2011 12:40 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
Josh Berkus wrote:
It occurs to me that we could really use two things to make it easier to
move copies of database stuff around:

pg_dump -r, which would include a CREATE ROLE for all roles needed to
restore the database (probably without passwords), and

pg_dumpall -r --no-passwords which would dump the roles but without
CREATE PASSWORD statements.  This would be useful for cloning databases
for use in Dev, Test and Staging, where you don't what to copy the md5s
of passwords for possible cracking.
What would this do that pg_dumpall --globals-only doesn't?

As stated, it would not export the passwords.

cheers

andrew