Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvhe...@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> So the buildfarm broke due to this change, because citext does

> Thanks for fixing it.  Should we revert the original change?

I still think it's reasonable to remove the extra downcasing step,
but we'll have to document it as a change.  For instance, spelling
C as either "C" or 'C' would work differently now.  The fact that
the former is downcased seems quite surprising to me, so I don't
think anybody would say that this isn't a better definition, but
undoubtedly it could force people to change their source files.