On 12/27/2011 11:09 PM, Brar Piening wrote:
Brar Piening wrote:
I have to admit that it's currently broken (it builds but fails during regression tests becuse it can't connect) when building with Visual Studio 2010 or Windows SDK 7.1 because of commit 1a0c76c32fe470142d3663dd84ac960d75a4e8db (Enable compiling with the mingw-w64 32 bit compiler).

It seems like VS 2010 has a few of the E... constants in src/include/port/win32.h already defined, but obviously in a way that breaks postgres.

Because of my missing experience and as I don't have a Mingw64 build environment I don't feel like I could fix that without breaking anythig else.

I'd like to add that I'm certainly willing to test suggested fixes or patches in my VS 2010 build environment.

Can you narrow down exactly what in that commit broke VS 2010? Are there any compiler warnings?

cheers

andrew