Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> writes:
> So I think the relcache.c thing should be fixed and then this might be
> good to go.

Cosmetic gripes: I think we could get rid of the various comments that
say things like "variable length fields start here", since the #ifdef
CATALOG_VARLEN lines now represent that in a standardized fashion.
Possibly those lines should be

#ifdef CATALOG_VARLEN           /* variable-length fields start here */

to be even clearer.

What would be appropriate to add instead of those inconsistently-used
comments is explicit comments about the exception cases such as
proargtypes, to make it clear that the placement of the #ifdef
CATALOG_VARLEN is intentional and not a bug in those cases.