On ons, 2012-01-11 at 22:52 +0100, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> writes:
> > .colnames() returns a list of column names (strings)
> > .coltypes() returns a list of type OIDs (integers)
> >
> > I just made that up because there is no guidance in the other standard
> > PLs for this sort of thing, AFAICT.
>
> What about having the same or comparable API as in psycopg or DB API
>
>   http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/cursor.html
>
> You could expose a py.description structure?

I deliberately chose not to do that, because the PL/Python API is
intentionally totally different from the standard DB-API, and mixing in
some semi-conforming look-alike would be quite confusing from both ends.
I think we should stick with the PL/Python API being a small layer on
top of SPI, and let the likes of plpydbapi handle the rest.