On Mar 29, 2012, at 4:42 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

> 2. Add a new feature to the provides line with every release that does
> anything other than fix bugs, leading to:
>
> provides = foobar-1.1, foobar-1.2, foobar-1.3, foobar-1.4, foobar-1.5,
> foobar-1.6, foobar-2.0, foobar-2.1, foobar-2.2, foobar-2.3,
> foobar-3.0, foobar-3.1

This is what I have expected to do. In new releases of pgTAP, I’d probably just
add version lines. I might give certain releases names, but probably not. I’m
too lazy, and if a given release has more than one new feature, it’d be a bit
silly.

I’ve never been very keen on this approach, but then I don’t understand
packaging systems very well, so it might rock, and I just don’t know how to use
it properly. But I cannot tell.

Best,

David