On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 08:16:59PM +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On fre, 2012-03-23 at 07:52 -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> > > >

> > > Should it be governed by a setting?
> >
> > Something like (upper|lower|preserve) ?
>
> How about this patch then?  (There are actually four possible settings,
> see patch.)

Yes, very nice.  I found the "preserve" modes confusing, but I see the
problem that saying "preserve" doesn't tell us how to expand a word
where we didn't type anything.

> +        Determines which letter case to use when completing an SQL key word.
> +        completed word will be in lower or upper case, respectively.  If set
> +        to <literal>preserve-lower</literal>
> +        or <literal>preserve-upper</literal> (the default), the completed
> word
> +        will be in the case of the word already entered, but words being
                                                                      -----
The "being" word above got me confused;  I would remove it.

> +        completed without anything entered will be in lower or upper case,
> +        respectively.

"without anything" -> "with nothing" ?

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us