On 7 June 2012 14:56, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Sergey Koposov <kopo...@ast.cam.ac.uk> writes:

>>> That's enough for me.
>
> Say what?  That's a performance result and proves not a damn thing about
> safety.

Of course not.

Based on the rationale explained in the code comments in the patch, it
seems like a reasonable thing to me now.

The argument was that since we hold AccessExclusiveLock on the
relation, no other agent can be reading in new parts of the table into
new buffers, so the only change to a buffer would be away from the
dropping relation, in which case we wouldn't care. Which seems correct
to me.