On 06.07.2012 18:01, Jan Urbański wrote:
There's still trouble with EUC_TW and MULE_INTERNAL which don't have
Python equivalents. EUC-TW has been discussed in
http://bugs.python.org/issue2066 and rejected (see
http://bugs.python.org/issue2066#msg113731).

If you use any of these encodings, you *will* get into the recursion
trouble described eariler, just as before the path you'd get into it
with CP1252 as your encoding.

What shall we do about those? Ignore them? Document that if you're sing
one of these encodings then PL/Python with Python 2 will be crippled and
with Python 3 just won't work?

We could convert to UTF-8, and use the PostgreSQL functions to convert from UTF-8 to the server encoding. Double conversion might be slow, but I think it would be better than failing.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas