On 06/08/12 13:59, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
On 20.07.2012 10:13, Jan Urbański wrote:
On 20/07/12 08:59, Jan Urbański wrote:
On 18/07/12 17:17, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
On 14.07.2012 17:50, Jan Urbański wrote:

If pg_do_encoding_conversion() throws an error, you don't get a chance
to call Py_DECREF() to release the string. Is that a problem?

If an error occurs in PLy_traceback(), after incrementing
recursion_depth, you don't get a chance to decrement it again. I'm not
sure if the Py* function calls can fail, but at least seemingly trivial
things like initStringInfo() can throw an out-of-memory error.

Of course you're right (on both accounts).

Here's a version with a bunch of PG_TRies thrown in.

Silly me, playing tricks with postincrements before fully waking up.

Here's v3, with a correct inequality test for exceeding the traceback
recursion test.

Committed the convert-via-UTF-8 part of this. I'll take a closer look at
the recursion check next.

Thanks!

Jan