On 20/07/12 12:02, Tom Lane wrote:
Pavel Stehule <pavel.steh...@gmail.com> writes:
I did a backport of temp_file_limit feature to 9.1, but when we tested
this patch, we found very restristrictive limit to 2GB.
2GB is nonsense, because this is session limit of temp files, and
these files should be longer than 2GB.
This claim is nonsense.  The variable's value is measured in KB, so the
effective limit is actually 2TB not 2GB.

Did you guys perchance pick up one of the earlier patches that had MAX_KILOBYTES instead of INT_MAX as the limit? i.e:

        {"temp_file_limit", PGC_SUSET, RESOURCES_DISK,
gettext_noop("Limits the total size of all temp files used by each session."),
            gettext_noop("-1 means no limit."),
            GUC_UNIT_KB
        },
        &temp_file_limit,