On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-09-22 at 16:25 +0900, Satoshi Nagayasu wrote:
>> I think it's time to consider some *umbrella project* for maintaining
>> several small projects outside the core.
>
> Well, that was pgfoundry, and it didn't work out.

There seem to be some efforts to update it, but yeah, the software
behind it didn't age gracefully, and it seems doubtful to me that
people will be flocking back to pgfoundry.

The other ongoing attempt at an "umbrella" is PGXN, and it's different
enough in approach that, while it's not obvious that it'll succeed, if
it fails, the failure wouldn't involve the same set of issues that
made pgfoundry problematic.

PGXN notably captures metadata about the project; resources (e.g. -
SCM) don't have to be kept there.