On 24.09.2012 17:24, Tom Lane wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas<hlinnakan...@vmware.com>  writes:
This seems pretty much ready to commit. One tiny detail that I'd like to
clarify: the docs say:

Multiple files within an include directory are ordered by an alphanumeric
sorting, so that ones beginning with numbers are considered before those
starting with letters.

To be more precise, the patch uses strcmp() for the comparisons.

Just say it sorts the file names according to C locale rules.

Hmm, that's preceise, but I don't think an average user necessarily knows what the C locale is. I think I'll go with:

Multiple files within an include directory are processed in filename order. The filenames are ordered by C locale rules, ie. numbers before letters, and uppercase letters before lowercase ones.

- Heikki