John R Pierce wrote:
On 10/12/12 9:00 PM, Darren Duncan wrote:
And now we're migrating to Red Hat for the production launch, using the http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ packages for Postgres 9.1, and these do *not* include the SSL.

hmm? I'm using the 9.1 for CentOS 6(RHEL 6) and libpq.so certainly has libssl3.so, etc as references. ditto the postmaster/postgres main program has libssl3.so too. maybe your certificate chains don't come pre-built, I dunno, I haven't dealt with that end of things.

Okay, I'll have to look into that. All I know is out of the box SSL just worked on Debian and it didn't on Red Hat; trying to enable SSL on out of the box Postgres on Red Hat gave a fatal error on server start, at the very least needing the installation of SSL keys/certs, which I didn't have to do on Debian. -- Darren Duncan