On 11/14/2012 03:06 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
Regarding checksums, I can add an option for the initdb that the
buildfarm script runs. We already run different tests for different
encodings. Of course, constant expanding like this won't scale, so we
need to pick the options we want to exrecise carefully.
I thought the whole point of the buildfarm was to provide a scalable way
of exercising different combinations of options that individual
developers couldn't practically test.  We might need a little more
coordination among buildfarm owners to ensure we get full coverage,
of course.

Yes, true. So lets' wait and see how the checksums thing works out and then we can tackle the buildfarm end. At any rate, I don't think the buildfarm is a reason not to have this as an initdb setting.

cheers

andrew