On 21 December 2012 19:35, Bruce Momjian <br...@momjian.us> wrote:

>> It's not too complex. You just want that to be true. The original
>> developer has actually literally gone away, but not because of this.
>
> Well, Robert and I remember it differently.
>
> Anyway, I will ask for a vote now.

And what will you ask for a vote on? Why not spend that effort on
solving the problem? Why is it OK to waste so much time?

Having already explained how to do this, I'll add backwards
compatibility within 1 day of the commit of the patch you claim was
blocked by this. I think it will take me about an hour and not be very
invasive, just to prove what a load of hot air is being produced here.

>> Yes, I think having some people on this list who make decisions after
>> they have heard technical facts would be a welcome change.
>
> OK, I will start blogging too.

Good for you. I'll stick to trying to improve PostgreSQL by coding.