On Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:52 PM Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 24 December 2012 16:57, Amit Kapila <amit.kap...@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> > Performance: Average of 3 runs of pgbench in tps
> > 9.3devel  |  with trailing null patch
> > ----------+--------------------------
> > 578.9872  |   573.4980
>
> On balance, it would seem optimizing for this special case would
> affect everybody negatively; not much, but enough. Which means we
> should rekect this patch.
>
> Do you have a reason why a different view might be taken?

I have tried to dig why this gap is coming. I have observed that there is
very less change in normal path.
I wanted to give it some more time to exactly find if something can be done
to avoid performance dip in normal execution.

Right now I am busy in certain other work. But definitely in coming week or
so, I shall spare time to work on it again.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.