"Christopher Kings-Lynne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Hm, what do you get from
>> explain SELECT * FROM shoe_ready WHERE total_avail >= 2;
>> in the regression database?
>
> [this plan]

That seems substantially the same plan as I see here.  I guess
that the different output order must reflect a platform-specific
difference in qsort()'s treatment of equal keys.

Probably the best answer is to add "ORDER BY shoename" to the test
query to eliminate the platform dependency.  Any objections out there?

http://archives.postgresql.org