On 13-04-22 01:38 PM, Anne Rosset wrote:
Hi,
We are seeing some overall performance degradation in our application
  since we installed the security release. Other commits were also done
at the same time in the application so we don't know yet if the
  degradation has any relationship with the security release.

  While we are digging into this, I would like to know if it is possible
  that the release has some impact on performance. After reading this
  "It was created as a side effect of a refactoring effort to make
  establishing new connections to a PostgreSQL server faster, and the
  associated code more maintainable.", I am thinking it is quite possible.

  Please let me know. Thanks,

Exactly which version of PostgreSQL are you running? (we released security update releases for multiple PG versions). Also which version were you running before?

There were some changes to analyze/vacuum in the previous set of minor releases that could cause performance issues in some cases (ie if statistics are no longer being updated because analyze can't get the exclusive lock for truncation). There might be other unintended performance related changes.

Are all queries taking longer or only some? Can you find any sort of pattern that might help narrow the issue?

Steve

  Anne