Hi Stephen,

The case which I'm seeing is that I have an empty table without any rows,
Create table test (
  Num Integer,
  C1 character varying(512),
  C2 character varying(512),
  C3 character varying(512));

I create several partial indexes on this table:

Create index(index_1_c1) on test(c1) where Num=1;
Create index(index_2_c1) on test(c1) where Num=2;
Create index(index_1_c2) on test(c1) where Num=1;
Create index(index_2_c2) on test(c1) where Num=2;

This doesn't consume much memory on the PostgreSQL backend process,
But if I create 500 indexes It consume several MB of memory.

If I have 10 tables with 500 indexes each PostgreSql backend process consume
20MB,
If I have 100 tables with 500 indexes each PostgreSQL backend process consume
200MB

All tables are empty without data.

If have Connection pool of 100 connections then All this processes consume
100*200MB = 20GB of memory

What is the reason to consume so much memory for empty indexes?

Thanks,
Lior