Lior,

* Ben Zeev, Lior (lior.ben-z...@hp.com) wrote:
> Yes, The memory utilization per PostgreSQL backend process is when running
> queries against this tables,
> For example: select * from test where num=2 and c2='abc'
> When It start it doesn't consume to much memory,
> But as it execute against more and more indexes the memory consumption grows

Are these all running in one transaction, or is this usage growth across
multiple transactions?  If this is all in the same transaction, what
happens when you do these queries in independent transactions?

> This tables should contain data, But I truncate the data of the tables
> because I wanted to make sure that the memory consumption is not relate to
> the data inside the table, but rather to the structure of the tables

If you actually have sufficient data to make having 500 indexes on a
table sensible, it strikes me that this memory utilization may not be
the biggest issue you run into.  If you're looking for partitioning,
that's much better done, in PG at least, by using inheiritance and
constraint exclusion.

        Thanks,

                Stephen