On 06/05/2013 06:23 PM, Daniel Farina wrote:

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Joshua D. Drake <j...@commandprompt.com> wrote:
I didn't see that proposal, link? Because the idea of slowing down
wal-writing sounds insane.

It's not as insane as introducing an archiving gap, PANICing and
crashing, or running this hunk o junk I wrote
http://github.com/fdr/ratchet

Well certainly we shouldn't PANIC and crash but that is a simple fix. You have a backup write location and start logging really loudly that you are using it.

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579