On Tue, 2013-06-11 at 12:58 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> My main question is really- would this be useful for extending
> *relations*?  Apologies if it's already been discussed; I do plan to go
> back and read the threads about this more fully, but I wanted to voice
> my support for using posix_fallocate, when available, in general.

+1, though separate from this patch.

Andres also pointed out that we can try to track a point in the file
that is below any place where a zero page might still exist. That will
allow us to call zero pages invalid unless they are related to a recent
extension, which is a weakness in the current checksums code.

Regards,
        Jeff Davis