On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmonc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Performance testing this patch is a real bugaboo for me; the VMs I have to
> work with are too unstable to give useful results :-(.  Need to scrounge up
> a doner box somewhere...

   While doing performance tests in this area, I always had a feeling
that OS layer (scheduler that flushes OS buffers)
   had a role to play here, So I use to reboot m/c between tests,
ofcourse taking performance data in this fashion is tedious.
   I think it is good to run tests on m/c with configuration similar
to what Jim Nasby mentioned in his below mail.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.