Hannu Krosing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Hm.  Seems like attisinherited should have been a count, not a boolean.
>> Is anyone sufficiently excited about this issue to force an initdb to
>> fix it?

> The count approach seems definitely the right way, but a check (possibly
> a slow one) can be probably done without initdb.

Slow, complicated to code, and deadlock-prone (since you'd have to
acquire locks on the other parent tables).  My feeling is we fix this
with a counted attisinherited field, or don't fix at all.

We can certainly do the proper fix in 7.4; do we consider this bug
important enough to do an initdb for 7.3beta2?  I don't have a strong
feeling either way about that.

http://archives.postgresql.org